Mexicooo



The other week was Mexican culinary week. So when I started to look up some recipes in the internet I encountered this Azteque-Gold drink. 

I checked the ingredients of the recipe and imagined how it would taste like. In that moment I had this flash back to the year 2012, end of May: Berkeley, California, some small Mexican café. What I remember is the Mexican Hot Chocolate I drank in that café. 

In fact it was always on my mind after I left Berkeley. Every time I had a Hot Chocolate I wished it could have been a Mexican one. But never did I think of preparing it myself until I found the Azteque-Gold recipe. What I want is to share it with you, so that you can be part of this Mexican Hot Chocolate dream as well! Enjoy!

Mexican Hot Chocolate / Azteque Gold
Ingredients:
1/5 cup water
Cocoa powder or pieces of your favorite chocolate
Vanilla essence or vanilla sugar
4/5 cup milk
Some cinnamon
A touch of salt
Some chili powder, more or less
Whipped cream

Boil water in pot and stir cocoa powder or pieces of chocolate in liquid. Add vanilla. Stir. Add milk. Stir. Add cinnamon. Stir. Add salt and chili powder. Stir. Pour hot chocolate into cup. Put whipped cream on top. Simple as that. Disfrutar!

Comments