The line between life and death

 The line between life and death is a fine line


At it's best, the very start of life is wonderful

Leaving everyone involved empowered and strong

Paving a fruitful ground to generations to come

Connecting and rejoicing

Leaving room for growth and progress

Changing lives forever


At it's best the end of life is peaceful

A long, resourceful life lived

Memories to look back to with a smile

Non, je ne regrette rien

No, I don't regret a thing


At it's worst, the very start of life is painful

Suffering lasting all the way through

No way out of a living hell, no way through

No happily ever after

But darkness that seems to never end


At it's worst the end of life is agitated

Broken dreams, a broken future

A life taken away too early

In the middle of it all

All hopes vanished, a blurred vision

A long and painful road to eternity

Eyes remain shut


The line between life and death is a very fine line



And I believe in love

And I know that you do too

And I believe in some kind of path

That we can walk down, me and you

So keep your candles burning

And make her journey bright and pure

That she will keep returning

Always and evermore

Into my arms



In memoriam to a friend. I wish there had been a chance to say goodbye. You will be forever missed.

Comments